Only 2,900 residents of
Lestari Puchong get CFs
07/04/2009 The Star
AFTER waiting for more than six years, more than 2,900 residents from
Lestari Puchong received their Certificate of Fitness (CF) from the Subang
Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) at a handover ceremony at the Jalan LEP 3/1
Most of the residents expressed happiness at finally getting the CFs.
Ahmad Man, 37, said that he hoped the council would now look into the
facilities in the area.
“There are no facilities such as shops, community halls, or public phones
and my children are schooling in Cyberjaya, which is about 20 minutes away,”
However, it was not good news for all residents as the waiting for CFs
continues for about 8,575 residents of Lestari Puchong.
Some of the them chose the ceremony as an opportunity to express their
One of the residents, Andri Nasran, who had been living in Taman Lestari
Putra since 2003 said that it was unfair to even have the handover ceremony
since some of the residents were still waiting for the CFs.
He added that only after turning up for the ceremony did some of the
residents discover that only residents from certain phases obtained CFs.
Meanwhile, MPSJ council president Datuk Adnan Mohd Ikhsan said that starting
from April 13, 2007, the Certificates of Completion and Compliance (CCC)
would be replacing CFs.
“The CCC will be issued by professional bodies such as architects and
engineers, who are selected by the developers themselves as consultants.
MPSJ and other local authorities will only monitor and keep records of the
development projects from time to time.
“Nevertheless, we can still issue stop-work orders if the projects are not
done in compliance with the regulations,” he said.
Talam Corporation Berhad senior vice-president Tan Bak Hai was also present
to provide updates about the remaining CFs. The company’s subsidiary Lestari
Puchong Sdn Bhd developed Lestari Puchong.
He said that Talam had faced financial difficulties hence some of the
projects were halted but added that the company had continued some of the
Also present at the ceremony were Selangor state executive councillor Ean
Yong Hian Wah, House Buyers Association (HBA) vice-president Brig-Gen Datuk
Goh Seng Toh and some of the MPSJ councillors.
Ean said that house buyers should not be made victims when projects are
“The state government had announced a few months ago for investors and
developers to revive abandoned projects,” he said.
According to Adnan there are about 13 abandoned projects under the MPSJ
“We try to help new developers to take over the abandoned projects and
continue it. But at the end of the day, the house buyers are the ones who
suffer,” he said.