142 firms, 479 directors
blacklisted over stalled projects
15/04/2009 The Star
KUALA LUMPUR: A total of 142 companies and 479 directors were blacklisted as
at March 13 after their housing projects stalled.
Housing and Local Government Ministry secretary-general Datuk Ahmad Kabit
said action was taken while waiting for the companies and directors to be
charged in court.
“From 2006 to March 31, 537 cases were brought to court for breaking
regulations under the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966,”
he said yesterday.
The names of the companies and directors already convicted in court were
posted on the ministry’s website, www.kpt.gov.my.
Ahmad said that up to February, 156 housing projects by private developers
had been categorised as stalled.
The states with the most stalled housing projects were Selangor with 39,
Johor 32 and Negri Sembilan 20, he said.
He said to overcome the problem, the Special Task Force for the
Rehabilitation of Stalled Housing Projects comprising senior officers from
the relevant government agencies and private sector representatives had been
set up. – Bernama