Angry housebuyers demand talks
06/05/2008 The Star
Taman Puncak Jalil Resident Association chairman S. Ayamani (right) handing
over a memorandum to Housing and Local Government Ministry deputy
director-general Dr G. Parameswaran to demand that the Ministry ensure
abandoned housing projects in the neighbourhood are revived. Some 100 other
affected house-buyers are also present.
KUALA LUMPUR: About 100 angry housebuyers gathered at the Housing and Local
Government Ministry here, demanding that the ministry expedite their
projects that had been delayed for four years.
The housebuyers gathered at the ministry around 2pm to hand over a
memorandum, addressed to Minister Datuk Seri Ong Ka Chuan, to its deputy
director-general Dr G. Parameswaran because Ong was not at the office at the
“We want a commitment from IJM Corp Bhd as to when they will start the
project,” said Taman Puncak Jalil Residents Association chairman S. Ayamani,
adding that IJM had agreed to take over the projects from Talam Corporation
Bhd in October 2007.
“Work was supposed to start last month, but nothing has happened yet. We
have waited three to four years for the projects to be revived,” he said.
The buyers had bought houses in Taman Lestari Permai (568 buyers), Taman
Lestari Puchong, (569 buyers), Taman Saujana Puchong 9, (228 buyers) and
Taman Puncak Jalil Phase 10A (200 buyers), which were 70% to 100% complete,
but without Certificates of Fitness, he said.
The group demanded a meeting with Ong, IJM and Talam next Monday.