This website is
 sponsored.gif

banner.gif

 Welcome    Main    Forum    FAQ    Useful Links    Sample Letters   Tribunal  

Condominium Buyers Want Nightmare To End
11/07/2007 Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR, July 11 (Bernama) -- More than 30 buyers of abandoned Casa Riana Phase 16 condominium project in Taman Puncak Jalil, Puchong, here want the developer to complete the project quickly.

Their spokesman, Lim Seong Hin, said construction of the three-block project comprising 396 units costing between RM89,000 and RM95,000 started in July 2003 and was supposed to be completed in May 2005.

He claimed that work stopped in 2004 due to a reported restructuring exercise involving project developer, Maxisegar Sdn Bhd. The company was said to have promised to restart the project after the restructuring move.

"Despite its promise to resume construction, this was not done," Lim told Bernama Wednesday.

He said in July last year the developer asked the buyers not to demand payment of penalties for late delivery as a condition of resuming the project.

Lim said the matter had been referred to the Housing and Local Government Ministry but there was no response from the ministry so far.

Frustrated buyer Faissal Rezall Islas said the victims were facing serious problems because they had to service bank loans of up to RM700 a month.

He said their efforts to meet the developer were in vain.-- BERNAMA

 

Main   Forum  FAQ  Useful Links  Sample Letters  Tribunal  

National House Buyers Association (HBA)

No, 31, Level 3, Jalan Barat, Off Jalan Imbi, 55100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 03-21422225 | 012-3345 676 Fax: 03-22601803 Email: info@hba.org.my

2001-2009, National House Buyers Association of Malaysia. All Rights Reserved.