130 suing Selangor government
25/04/2007 The Star
SHAH ALAM: A total of 130 landowners in the Desa Kerayong Indah housing
project in Kuala Selangor has filed a RM14mil suit against the Selangor
government for failing to complete the project.
Also named as defendants are the Kuala Selangor District Land Office and
project developer Bumi Circle Sdn Bhd. The suit was filed yesterday at the
High Court Registry here.
In their statement of claim, the plaintiffs said the state government had
handed over the lands to Bumi Circle in 1998 for the development of houses
or shops covering 86ha and the project was supposed to be completed in 2005.
However, it failed even though the plaintiffs had paid 10% of the price and
legal fees for the sale and purchase of the houses.
Last year, the Selangor government and Kuala Selangor District Land Office
appointed a new developer, Probil Sonati Development Sdn Bhd, to continue
On April 5 this year, however, Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad classified the
project as an abandoned project, the plaintiffs said.
They are seeking specific damages totalling RM3.9mil and general damages of
RM10.1mil. – Bernama