Sentul Indah house buyers want
03/11/2003 The Sun
Petaling Jaya: The Sentul Indah
house buyers are furious at the Housing and Local Government Ministry for
not doing more to protect their rights.
The ministry renewed developer
Homeng Realty Sdn Bhd's licence after it abandoned the project and left
102 house buyers in the lurch. Subsequently, 42 new house buyers voice
their concerned over the lack of progress at the construction site.
In a statement to theSun
on Thursday, the Sentul Indah House Buyers' pro tem committee called for
the ministry to take over the project and prosecute the developer
Committee president Liew Kean
Fatt said a search with the Registrar of Companies shoed that Homeng had
submitted accounts only up to Dec, 1999 and the accumulated losses are
above RM1 million compared with a paid up capital of RM500,00.
"In a meeting on Oct 14, Deputy
Housing and Local Government Minister Datuk Peter Chin Fah Kui revealed
that the project's Housing Development Account (HDA) had a balance of
RM144 only," he said.
It was learnt that the
developer had withdrawn about 90% of the HDA on Oct 30 last year before
piling work was due to start at the construction site.
"We want the ministry to probe
possible wrongdoings involving HDA fund," Liew said.
Liew urged the ministry to
blacklist the developer, suspend its licence, and to prosecute it for
breaching the terms of the sale and purchase agreements.
The project, comprising 374
apartment units and 19 shop-lots, was launched in 1997 and sold to 102
house buyers. It was due to be completed in Dec. 1999, but was classified
as abandoned in 2000.
In a meeting on Nov 21 last
year, the ministry renewed the developer's licence despite an earlier
promise not to do so and instructed the developer to refund the purchasers
by January this year, which it has yet to do.
The project was re-launched and
property was sold to about 42 new house buyers. At present, there is no
work at the site of the project, which is scheduled for completion in